There are certain steps you can take that will ensure your HVAC works properly and efficiently. Most of them take very little time and can save the cost and hassle of a repair. In addition to these steps, you need to have a professional come out to service and maintain your system once or twice a year. A heating and air conditioning company can schedule your maintenance or put you on a maintenance contract.
Change the Filter
This is a cheap and quick step to take and yet it is very important. If your filter is dirty, your indoor air will get dirty as will the inside of your HVAC system. Also, your equipment will have to work harder to get the air through and that can wear it out faster. This means more repairs or replacement earlier. Also, when your system works too hard, it will use more power and cost more money to operate.
- Clear the area around your unit and leave a 2 foot clearance. Remove any leaves, twigs, pollen, grass clippings or other debris from the top and sides of the unit.
- Check the refrigerant line for signs of damage.
- Ensure that the unit is level and on sturdy ground or a pad.
- Check all air registers to make sure they are clean and not being blocked with debris.
- Remember to never close more than one fifth of the registers as that will put a strain on your HVAC system.
Contact us to learn more about our exceptional St Louis, MO HVAC services.